On July 2nd, legendary singer, Kim Wan Sun, revealed she will be making her long awaited comeback with single, “Goodbye Love,” that will feature Tiger JK and Bizzy.
Kim Wan Sun first debuted in 1986 and is known to be Korea’s version of Madonna. Kim Wan Sun was one of the first to bring the signature 80s dance studio moves to the main stage. Combined with her hypnotizing voice, her piercing eyes, and leading fashion style, Kim stands as one of Kpop’s most recognizable figures. After the 90s, Kim took periodic breaks from the Korean music industry, performing briefly in other Asian markets and then studying in Hawaii. “Goodbye Love” marks as her first debut in the Korean market since her brief comeback in 2012.
The preview for “Goodbye Love” leads with a brief verse from Bizzy and Tiger JK backing him. It is clear that Kim (45) still has her dance moves too.
The full single will debut on July 7th on 1theK’s (Korea’s Vevo) YouTube channel.
Source: Star News
Drunken Tiger International
Times Square Mall will hold a 4-day celebration as part of Korea’s biggest mall’s 2nd year anniversary. For it’s Friday celebration, 1000 selected participants will be treated to an exclusive concert.
Who Will Perform: Drunken Tiger JK, Yoon MiRae,360 Sounds, RRM, Conan & Goldtea
Where: Times Square Mall, via train Line 1, YeongDuengPo stop. Underground exit and follow signs for Times Square Mall. If in doubt, exit towards the front of mall and enter to basement floor (LL2).
When: Friday, September 16th starting at 9pm.
How To Get a Ticket: Here’s the tricky part. Tickets will be randomly given to those signed up on the Times Square website, which is a challenge for non-Korean readers. [Note: You will need a Korean national # for this.]
- Go to this link.
- On the bottom middle part, click off any of the circles. This is just asking how you heard about the party.
- Click the picture link below [벙커파티 싵청하기]
- You will be sent to a new screen asking to sign in. Click the blue button [회원가입]. This will allow you to create a username/password.
- The next screen will have two buttons in the middle. The left button will be for 14+ nationals. The right button is for foreigners [외국인회원]. Click the right button if you hold a foreign visa of any type.
- Next screen are just member agreements. Click all boxes. Don’t worry, you’re not selling your soul. Click blue button on the bottom.
- On the next screen, type your name exactly as is on your ID card (WITHOUT SPACES). Type in your ID # in box 2 (part 1) and box 3.
- Now at this point, you’ll need a friend to help you if you don’t speak Korean because I cannot go back to this screen since I had membership. However, from memory, I believe it will first ask you to type a username, a 6 unit password (letters and numbers included), email, your Korean address, your house # (type in 02-random 8 numbers if you don’t have one), and then cellphone #. The last line will ask if you would like to receive emails and texts. Click the right buttons if you would like to opt out of this option. Click blue button on bottom to complete sign up.
- Sign in. Repeat steps 1-3.
- Repeat step 1 on September 14th to see if you won tickets. Each person gets 2.
Note that this sign up process is pretty standard for most Korean sites, so definitely take a lesson from this and apply it to any Korean site where you need to sign up!
Good luck and hope to see everyone there!